The Franklin County Retail Merchants Association, Inc. (FCRMA) respects the privacy of visitors to our Website. Our goal is to protect the online information with the same diligence that we protect information obtained through other means. Below is an explaination of our practices and the standards we aspire to meet in regard to personal information collected from visitors to our Website. This Privacy Statement is subject to the Terms and Conditions for the Website, which you agree to by accessing and browsing the Website and which are stated below.
A. Information Collection and Use
Our website collects information about website visitors in several ways, which include:
IP Address. Your web browser automatically transmits certain information when you visit our website, such as the IP adress through you are accessing the internet. Our web servers use the IP address to return the web pages you have chosen to view. In addition, our servers log the IP address and other information concerning Website visits, including the date and time of access. We use this information to administer and improve the website. Your IP address does not contain your name or email address.
Email Correspondence. When you send us email correspondence, we obtain your return email address and any personal information that you include in the email. We may share this information internally, with affiliates or, with others to give appropriate consideration to its content and, if appropriate, to prepare a response, We ordinarily do not disclose your email correspondence in any other manner, unless you request otherwise or we need to disclose it for legal reasons.
Online Input and Order Forms. (Our online order system is not yet active and we encourage orders for any goods to be submitted by mail at this time.) When you submit information using our online input forms, we obtain the inforation you submit and may use the information to contact you about services, goods, events or promotions in which you have exoressed interest. We may also share the information internally, with affiliates, or with others for reasons related to services and resources provided through FCRMA.
B. Additional Terms
1. FCRMA may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (a) to comply with the law or legal process (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of FCRMA, or (c) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our employees, agents, Website visitors, or members of the public.
2. The Website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of sites other than our Website.
3. Our Websie is intended for an audience of adults in the United States of America. FCRMA does not knowingly collect personal information from persons outside the United States or from children.
4. FCRMA may, at any time, revise or update this Privacy Statement by updating this posting.
5. FCRMA aspires to adhere to the practices and meet the standards described in this Privacy Statement and will endeavor to respond to questions or concerns you may have about your privacy on the site. FCRMA does not, however, assume any liability for any noncornformity with these practices or standards. Neither FRCMA nor any other site provider will be liable to you or any other person or entity for any damages, whether direct or indirect, arising out of or otherwise relating to this privacy statement or the information collection or use practices standards or FCRMA or the Website. In no event will FCRMA or any other site provider be liable to you or any other person or entity for any special, incidental, consequential, and punitive damages. This exclusion of special, incidental, consequential, and punitive damages is independent of any other limitation or remedy.
6. If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy on the site, or wish to opt-out of any email list, please contat us at:
PO Box 606, Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Effective Date: Apri 9, 2009